Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Love America... But I Love The World More.

             Why do people form judgment upon others due to cultural differences?  This is a question I can hardly answer, it wasn't until recently that I really started to open doors to cultural differences myself.  Over the past couple months, I have been learning more and more and being more wise about my choice of words, although this blog post may cause some controversy....I've noticed that it really bothers me when people aren't willing to understand why people are the way that they are due to cultural beliefs...ie. Religion, Language, Gestures & Body Language.  Everyone is brought up in a specific culture, that doesn't mean that everyone follows it. Everyone deserves a chance.         
         Most people don't realize that this country was completely formed by immigrants.  Duh.  I bet that was a lightbulb wasn't it?  The founding fathers of the United States were Christian.. but they did not create to conform our country based on Christianity but rather the freedom to Religion, and that is why America isn't based on just ONE Religion.  Many of the different immigrants that came to our country did so because they were able to practice whatever they believed in.  
        Although in America we speak English and it's the most prominent language here, we do not have a "National Language".  Since our country is pretty much made up of immigrants (like I said above..) that does not make the English language "ours".  Also, once upon a time... the southern states were all connected to Mexico and most of the people that lived there, spoke Spanish.. and still do today.  American's are given the choice to learn other languages when we force upon immigrants to learn the English Language.  The HARDEST language to learn.  Kudos to you.  The world is a small small place, and sooner or later.. even if you hide, you will encounter different types of people and different languages.  No matter where you go or travel, there will be people that don't look like you, don't talk like you, don't gesture like you and don't think the way that you do.  
        Culture is so valuable that it has been kept and passed on for thousands and thousands of years and bits and pieces from different cultures make us who we are today.  Ignorance is bliss, people.  Different countries & different cultures should be respected more because they have enlightened us with such traditions to bring our families up.  Different cultures and lifestyles are so important that it is more than its distinct visible features.  If we extend this aspect to the inner-self of a person, to members within a society, or rather an entire community... maybe, just maybe you can find some answers to how he/she...they... are affected by culture.  
             Knowledge is the key to understanding different cultures.  I'm no wisdom goddess, and I don't know everything, but what I do know is that I had good parents who raised me to be more open minded and teach me about culture as a whole...in the world.  The world would be a better place if we could all learn to accept each other. 


Peace, Love & Knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment