Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ode to Growing up... or something like that.

When I grow up...I want to be
  • An educator.
  • A professional lover.
  • A mom that's able to (without gagging) wipe snot of her child's nose.
  • A professional traveler. 
  • A writer.
  • A dancer.
  • A yoga instructor.
  • A pottery woman.
  • A barber.
  • A healer. 
  • A professional mediator. 
  • A guitar player.
  • A wrangler.
  • An Activist.
  • A professional hula dancer.
  • A professional kick boxer.
  • A care giver.
  • One of those mom's that's able to talk about healthy sex with her kids.
  • A fisherwoman.
  • A professional sweatpants-wearer. 
  • A gardener.
  • An eyebrow plucker.
  • A professional free-spirit.
  • A farmer.
  • A public speaker.
  • An explorer
  • A counselor.
  • A life changer.
  • A surfer.
  • A special education teacher.
  • An artist.
  • A professional hay bale thrower.
  • A professional recycler.
  • A horse whisperer.
  • A professional blogger.
  • A "handy" man.
  • A zoo keeper.
  • A photographer.
  • A talk show host.
  • A professional volunteer. 
  • An awesome "fart joke" teller.
  • A peace maker. 
  • A pancake flipper.
  • A tour guide.
  • An Environmentalist. 
  • A professional rockstar in my living room.
  • A flight attendant for a night. 
  • A firefighter.
  • An Auctioneer. 
  • A dream provider. 
  • A chef.
  • An tiger trainer.
  • An animal rescuer. 
  • A mermaid.
  • A seashell collector. 
  • A rattlesnake wrangler. 
  • A sumo wrestler
  • A goal accomplisher. 
  • A party-thrower.
  • A wine taster. 
  • A motivational speaker.
  • An inspiration maker.
  • A scuba diver. 
  • A mountain woman.
  • A Therapist.
  • A culture extremist. 
                 I remember once when someone asked me what I'd like to be when I grow up.  I answered "I'd like to be happy, because then I'll never have to "work" again." He told me that I was missing the whole point of the question, and then I told him he was missing the whole point in life.
                 Everyone wants to be happy.  So find something that makes you happy, then do it until you die.  Ode to growing up.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment