Wednesday, November 24, 2010

'Tis the Season to be.... Thankful!

 I tend to get wrapped up in my daily life, overlooking most of the blessings that have been directly in front of me that I sometimes.. well, a lot of the times miss. I can be very self-absorbed, and selfish and bitch and moan about the most obnoxious things you've ever heard.  Thank you to my internship, and important people in my life, I have been enlightened about being grateful for even my challenging experiences, because they are an invaluable teaching tool.  So, Thanksgiving is tomorrow and in addition to me focusing on stuffing my face and shooting da tirty point buck... I'll also be reflecting on giving thanks to the many blessings that have come my way over the past year. 

5.) My Job(s).
I have been so blessed over the past couple years, working for some preeeeeeeeeetty amazing people.  I am so blessed and thankful to have a job because a lot of people are still without.  Not only that, but my bosses and co-workers are so supportive of me trying to juggle grad school, work, and everyday life that it truly is a blessing.  Even though I tend to bitch and moan about it, I am thankful that I have it. 

4.)  Friends.
They say friends come and go like seasons, however... I am grateful for every friend I've ever had in my life because good or bad, I've learned something from them.  Friends come and go, but the memories stay forever. 

3.) Family.
Although we all tend to not see eye-to-eye and sometimes even look right past each other, I don't know what I would do with out them.  If there is one major thing I've learned about working with kids, it's that to NEVER EVER take your family for granted.  I am lucky to have them.  There is something about family that is very comforting and warm, maybe it's the unconditional love we have that bonds us through our blood.  Even if we aren't blood, or full blood, or whatever, I would give my kidney for them... or an arm!  Or maybe I take comfort in the fact that I know where my bat-shit-crazy attitude comes from.  :)

2.)  My Dad.
I truly don't know what I would do without him.  There are not enough words in the English language for me to express how thankful I am for having the best supporter there is, and that's my dad.  He's been there for me through the hardest times in my life, and he has always been the best support a kid could have.  I don't know if I would be the person I am today without having my dad in my life.  I am thankful for my dad for providing for me, allowing me to have everything to live in a safe, and secure environment and being cared for.  He provided me and my siblings with the physical means of a family, and a never-ending supply of love. I appreciate every moment I spend with him and always will. I love you, Dad!

1.) Life, Health & Strength.
I am lucky to only have the minor little bumps in my road thus far in my 23 years of living.  My strength has got me to where I am today.  Life, well...there really isn't much that needs to be said other than I love it and I wouldn't trade mine in for nothin'!


'Tis the season folks.. to remind ourselves to be thankful for what we have and who we have in our lives.  Remember not everyone gets to enjoy things like some of us do, so go out and do something good for your community, donate a turkey...or send a prayer.  :)

  "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."
--Princess Diana

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice compliments, hon. There is nothing more important in my life than you kids and our family. I try to never take for granted how truly blessed to be part of all this. You are awesome and I love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete